Geomag™ Education Kit, Shape & Space Panels Geometry Lab
Made up of magnetic rods, steel spheres and different shaped panels, this Swiss-made product is the symbol of the magnetic construction system that has brought worldwide recognition to the Geomag brand. Thanks to these simple components and the magic of magnetism, endless 3D structures can be created with total freedom of imagination and creativity.
By reinforcing the concepts of Euclidean geometry with 2D polygons, 3D forms and much more as they build concrete models and make real-life comparisons, students then enjoy elaborating their models in a creative, stimulating and productive classroom environment. This concrete approach to understanding abstract concepts gives students a head start. Contained in a plastic Gratnells SmartCase® for easy storage. 244 pieces + 80 cards.
- Constructing 2D and 3D shapes
- Perimeters and areas, doubling/halving
- Triangles and quadrilateral shapes
- Pyramids, quadrangles, triangles, octagons, hexagons
- Repeating sequences and tessellation
- Parallel and mirror lines
- Symmetry and rotational symmetry
- Distinguishing between straight and turning movements/recognizing 1/2 and 1/4 turns
- Visualizing and describing shapes, movements and transformations
- Applying numeracy skills to other areas of learning
- Collecting and recording data/analyzing and explaining results and procedures
- Solving problems by breaking down into smaller tasks